Casting 4 A Cure – Charitable Auction
Our good friends at Casting 4 a Cure are auctioning off some unbelievable items for a charity auction. 100% of the final sales price will support Casting 4 a Cure.
Here are the specs of the auction:
“Casting 4 A Cure is proud to announce the kick off of our Casting 4 A Cure OnLine Auction Program. Every month, we will be bringing you the best gear, art and travel deals from the best companies and people in the fly fishing industry. Proceeds from these auctions will benefit The International Rett Syndrome Foundation to fund Rett Syndrome research and family support.
This month we kick it off with a fantastic one of a kind package from our good friend Kirk Werner of Itchy Dog Productions. The package includes:
- One Scandalous Sticks Custom Fiberglass “Pygmy” Fly Rod
The Pygmy is a very special little fiberglass rod. It is a 5 foot 6 inch 4wt that has more personality than some people. It is not uncommon to toss a 50 foot cast with a 12 foot leader and a dry fly. Being designed for the dry fly genre it NEVER had a rough presentation. When distance is not the key and presentation is, this is the rod of choice for most people. The Pygmy has the ability to fight BIG fish into the 30-inch range with ease. This beautiful custom-built rod is truly a one of a kind, with a reel seat and a “Casting 4 A Cure” label.
- Clear Creek Rod tube.
- One Redington Drift 3/4 Click & Pawl Fly Reel. Titanium. Designed to meet the specific needs of the trout fisherman, the new Click and Pawl Drift Series is fully machined from 6061-T6 aluminum. These reels are custom anodized. Retail $99.95 (spooled with backing and Rio Mainstram Trout line WF4F.
- One Fishpond Laurel Run flybox.
- Olive the Woolly Bugger series. This set of three children’s fly fishing books are signed by the author, Kirk Werner. Includes Olive the Little Woolly Bugger, Olive and The Big Stream, and Olive Goes for a Wild Ride.
- Tomorrow’s Fly Fishers DVD by Fanny Krieger. This DVD is an introduction to fly fishing for young people and beginners of all ages. It unravels the mystery of fly fishing into a simple, easy to understand and fun adventure. Fanny is a Federation of Fly Fishers Certified Casting Instructor. If you know the Krieger name, that says it all!
- Olive the Woolly Bugger Hat.
Casting 4 A Cure is a certified 501c3 non-profit corporation made up of compadres and compatriots who fly fish and fundraise to help fund research and family support for a rare and debilitating neurological disorder which affects young girls called Rett Syndrome. Proceeds from this auction will benefit The International Rett Syndrome Foundation to fund Rett Syndrome research and family support.”
Here is the EBAY LINK.
Over the past 2 years we have gotten to know Bill and Beth Farnum and the people associated with Casting 4 a Cure and they are some of the best. Support this great charity by bidding and receive this holiday season!