Don’t Be a Hooker!

June 2, 2010

Frenzy

Hooked, Literally!

Last Thursday night I hit Rainbow Lake with my buddy Jason, a fly fisherman extraordinaire.  We were out on a large pontoon and I was driving.  The wind was up a bit and as Jason was casting, I felt the fly line land on my head as it had got stuck to something.  Well, I followed the line to the ‘snag’ and found the hook embedded in lip, perfectly in the crease of my upper and lower lip.  The weird thing was that I didn’t even feel the hook go in.

I thought about pulling it out, but for fear of looking like the Joker, opted not to.  I then thought about pushing it through, but realized we still had a good chunk of flesh to go through.

Instead we finished fishing and I called my buddy Josh Fullmer, the local Opthamologist and asked he he would help me get’r out.  Sure enough we cruised to his office and 2 numbing shots later with the help of a bolt cutter, I was hooker free.

It made me reminisce of last year’s Frenzy when I hooked Rudy in the eyebrow.

Getting hooked in fly fishing is inevitable both ways.  Very addicting, and there will come a time when a hook will find your flesh.

Please share your stories of the last time you got hooked!

ENJOY!

8 Responses to “Don’t Be a Hooker!”

1. the flytyinfreak Says:

So as Paul Harvey would say: ” Thats the rest of the story. ” Gotta admit somethin bout a fly stickin out of a person just looks sexy!

chubbsypeterson Reply:

especially if it is a flashy black bugger! :)

2. Counselor Says:

Ouch! I hope hookin’ is not in my future.

chubbsypeterson Reply:

it is inevitable, especially if yetter is around!

3. Kneedeepinariversomewhere Says:

So any chance that Karma wants us to get hooked occasionally so we can keep doing what we do and know what it’s like a little bit? Nah, on second thought, just sucks to get stuck.

chubbsypeterson Reply:

definitely sucks. i did feel a bit of karma when i found out it was in my lip. :)

4. JoeRed Says:

I’ve stuck myself a few times in windy condition, luckly nothing like what you guys did though 😉

1. Tweets that mention Don't Be a Hooker! | Fly Fishing Frenzy: Hooked, Literally! Last Thursday night I hit Rainbow Lake with my buddy J... -- Topsy.com - June 2, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by flyfishingfrenz, robin walton, George McNally, Homer Jacksville, Frank Wyatt and others. Frank Wyatt said: Don't Be a Hooker! | Fly Fishing Frenzy: Hooked, Literally! Last Thursday night I hit Rainbow Lake with my buddy J… http://bit.ly/9o9Yyf […]