Royce’s No Bull Guide School a SUCCESS!

May 18, 2010

Events, Guide School

No Bull Guide School

I attended the final party for the Royce Klingler’s No Bull Guide School and I must say I was very impressed.  Everyone talked about how great it was, how much fun they had, and how much they had learned.

Royce had hosted about 8 fly fisherman/fisherwoman at his guide school.  Those students loved the week they had with Royce.  The days on the water were EPIC! They fly fished the fabled Henry’s Fork and South Fork of the Snake in Idaho and slayed the trout!

They learned the following skills:

• Rowing the X-Series skiffs with the Premier Oars and Blades.
  • Psychology of dealing with a client.
  • Casting.
  • Bugs/Entymology
  • Put ins and Take outs.
  • Photography – thanks to the Craftsman, Artisan, and Photographer/Filmographer Marc ‘Rowdy’ Crapo
  • Proper treatment/handling of the fish.

I know the content was great because I know that Royce knows his stuff more than most, but the real story of success comes from hearing what the students say.  And, all the feedback was great.  I got a chance to speak with most the attendees and they said it was the most they have learned in a short amount of time.

Here are a few pics during their week.  (Courtesy of Marc Crapo)

ENJOY!

8 Responses to “Royce’s No Bull Guide School a SUCCESS!”

1. the flytyinfreak Says:

I’d like to call dibs on the next class. If the Wife’s latest Job op comes through We’ll be in Idaho Falls by mid summer. Haven’t prayed for somethin so hard in quite a while!

chubbsypeterson Reply:

Ross, we would love to have you in the next one. That would be great if we could get you up here in God’s country. We will keep you in our prayers to make it happen man!

2. Brandon Huerta Says:

I was a student at the school and this blog pretty much said it all, AWESOME! There were students there to become guides, some to become better anglers, other to learn how to row a boat. In all cases the class covered all of them and much more. Royce and the staff he put together are all top notch people. I went to the school in hopes to become a guide, and I can thankfully say that Royce has helped make some oppurtunites for me, and I will be pursuing employment in the guide industry thanks to the program he provides. I highly recommend anyone looking into a guide/flyfishing school to put Royce’s program at the top of your list. Thanks again to Royce’s school, and all the people that helped make it happen.

On a side note: Just wanted to say thanks to Aaron Peterson. I met you at the graduation party. Thanks for allowing us to fish Rainbow Lake, thats a neat lake. I should be over there in June for a few months we will have to meet again.

Thanks Brandon.
    Royce puts on a great program.
    It was a pleasure to meet you and Brandon is just the type of fly fisherman that will get the fly fishing community excited. He is enthusiastic and respectful of the sport. Brandon will be a phenomenal guide and great individual to have representing this great sport.

3. Troutdawg Says:

I’ve heard some good things about those guys, looks like a fun time!

They are some good guys. Stop up at Premier Fly Fishing to see them.

4. Troy Trautner Says:

I was also a student in the No Bull Guide School and I have to agree with Brandon, it was one of the best times I have ever had. All the instructors were awesome. Royce & Company really know their stuff. Can’t wait to do it again…
    Kudos to Marc for the pictures.

1. Tweets that mention Royce’s No Bull Guide School a SUCCESS! | Fly Fishing Frenzy -- Topsy.com - May 18, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by flyfishingfrenz. flyfishingfrenz said: New Post Royce’s No Bull Guide School a SUCCESS!: No Bull Guide School I attended the final party for the Royce Kl… http://bit.ly/b7SSdl […]