I Must Brag

May 8, 2010

Altamont

One of the biggest fish I have ever caught and for sure the biggest Rainbow Trout I have caught.  We weighed it at 9 lbs put never put a tape on it so i am guessing 26ish.  The wind was howling gusting up to 50 mph but I managed to hook this guy and land him.

8 Responses to “I Must Brag”

1. Scott Corsi Says:

Wow, you don’t catch a fish like that every day or every 5 years.

it took me about 20 years

2. Name (required)David W. Hunter Says:

Nice fish. Not to brag, but you should come steelhead fishing in the midwest – in michigan, ohio, and pa. Average fish is between 24 -29″, my biggest to date is 31″ and 12#. There was a 17# steelie caught recently in the Grand river the last time I fished in conneat creek in NE ohio this april. But alas no mountains. I treasure montana. I really enjoy your website.

i want to fish steelhead so bad. i saw so many pictures this spring from friends catching huge steelhead. you might have to show me the ropes some day David.

3. nice man Says:

big pig on a windy day ,congrats man ,just makes for a great day ,must have been trying day with that wind

i was so freaking tired the day after but it was worth it.

4. Fishing Reports Addict Says:

mighty fine trout, nice fishing report. sure would like to see this fishing report on my website

1. Tweets that mention I Must Brag | Fly Fishing Frenzy: One of the biggest fish I have ever caught and for sure the biggest Rainbow Trou... -- Topsy.com - May 8, 2010

[…] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Jason Flanagan. Jason Flanagan said: I Must Brag | Fly Fishing Frenzy: One of the biggest fish I have ever caught and for sure the biggest Rainbow Trou… http://bit.ly/cKsnJ4 […]