FRENZY 2010!! Where Would You Suggest We Go?

February 4, 2010

Frenzy

Frenzy 2010

This year’s Frenzy is still about 5 or 6 months away, but I am already getting antsy.  As I was thinking about where we would go on this year’s Frenzy, I decided that I would reach out to the Frenzy Nation and get your opinion.

For those that don’t know what the Frenzy is, I will do a brief recap:

• 8-10 dudes getting together once a year to fish non stop (and I do mean non-stop) for 4 – 5 days.
  • It is a tradition that we have been doing for 8 years.
  • No woman or children allowed.
  • Lots of junk food and quick eats so we can get on the water quickly.
  • We fish an area that has easy access to lots of good fisheries within a relatively short driving distance.

Most of the years we have fished in Southeast Idaho with Island Park or Victor Idaho being our base camp.  It has been great because we can fish the Madison River in Montana, the Henry’s Fork of the Snake, the South Fork of the Snake, Henry’s Lake, and other close streams.

We are not adverse to traveling a short distance to fish new waters that will produce great results.

We aren’t opposed either to fishing the same waters we do most years, I just thought it would be interesting to see where you all might suggest or places that you have gone before where you can lose yourself fishing for 4 – 5 days.  But big enough to have 8 – 10 dudes out their fishing.

Give us some suggestions!  We are all ears! Where is your 4 – 5 day fly fishing getaway?

PICS

Some Vids

11 Responses to “FRENZY 2010!! Where Would You Suggest We Go?”

1. TroutU Says:

Great Smoky Mtns, especially Deep Creek. It’s one of our favorites.

Thanks, What website would you recommend to get the best info about that area?

TroutU, is there enough rivers/lakes/water to keep 8 guys busy for 4 – 5 days?
    i would love to learn more about it.

Jerry Maslar Reply:

Western North Carolina and East Tennessee have some excellent tailrace rivers which would be more like the fishing that you are accustomed to. However, we also have the Great Smoky Mountains National Park which has over 2,000 miles of fishable streams as well as Cherokee Tribal Fishing

Hope this is helpful, by the way how did you manage to find me? Perhaps we could co-link.

2. Alex Landeen Says:

White Mountains, AZ

If we did the white mountains how far away is the San Juan river?

Alex Landeen Reply:

Bout 5 hours

3. hatch270 Says:

You should try Harts Lake, west of Yampa, Colorado, in the Flat Tops Wilderness. Four of us hike in for 5 days. We never see anyone. There are tons of nice 2-5 pound rainbow trout, and brown trout. The brook trout are 14-18 inches!! It is about a 5 mile hike from the end of the forest service road. It isn’t tough hiking, and definitely worth the effort.

that sounds awesome. some of the best trips i’ve had have been off the beaten path.
    thanks

4. Tyler (TroutBumz) Skeen Says:

I have some hook ups in Alaska if goi give me a heads up you would get the trip of a lifetime for reasonably cheap. That is if you guys can handle me coming with you. It would be a week you would never forget.

Tyler, what part of Alaska is it. I would love a rowdy Alaska trip. that is on my to do list and we would love to have you come with us. that’s what the frenzy is about. :)