I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you

June 22, 2009

Lake X

Fly Fishing for Tiger Trout

So the saying goes, and it couldn’t apply more than it does with this secret little Lake a few frenziers know about.

This little lake is a small lake full of prized fish.  It has monster Tiger Trout and native Colorado Cutthroats that are beautiful.

So, rather than rambling too much in text and giving away too much evidence we will leave it to the pictures to do the talking. (this was from last week)

UPDATE:

Dr. G and I went back up to this lake on Friday night.  In true frenzy fashion, Dr. G and I arrived at 9:30pm, put the boat in, and fished till 2:00am.  We broke out the air mattress, that stayed inflated for about 30 minutes, and crashed.  We promptly awoke at 5:30am and fished till 1pm.

We caught them every which way; chronomids, dries, scuds, stripping big bugs, etc.  It was a day to remember.

, , ,

19 Responses to “I could tell you, but then I’d have to kill you”

1. Counselor Says:

Nice fish guys. Looks like you had tonz O fun!

2. gene gramzow Says:

Nice tiger trout. I have always wanted to fish and catch some tigers. Are you guiding and what state are the tigers in as Im going to be in Idaho in a few weeks

gene

3. JayMorr Says:

Dick Rock gives it away.

“Dead Man’s”….it is a shame to many people know about it now. LC was the shit back in the day.

Jay, i can only imagine how it was a few years back. Dr G has been going for a while and he second’s your opinion.
    Dick Rock would only give it away to those who’ve been there right?

4. Sabrina Says:

Gorgeous! I love fish considerate enough to coordinate with my hot pink Elkhorn 4 wt.

chubbsypeterson Reply:

I dont know a fish that would like that! :)

chubbsypeterson Reply:

I meant I dont know a fish that wouldn’t like that.

5. Maria Says:

Pretty nice post. I just came across your blog and wanted to say
    that I’ve really enjoyed browsing your posts. Anyway
    I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon!

chubbsypeterson Reply:

Maria, thanks for visiting and commenting. We hope you enjoy it and if you ever have feedback for us, we are all ears. Thanks

6. lpeterson Says:

so where is dick rock

I would tell ya but i would be killed…. i mean i would have to kill ya.

7. BG Says:

yeah total secret ; ) lol

nice shotz guyz!

8. Amy Wagner | Fishing Says:

Wow those trout are very pink they are so pretty.:)

9. troutdawg Says:

Man those are some sweet looking fish, thanks for showing~

10. Clint Says:

I know where this is. Huge fish in there.

11. Bryan Says:

Yeah, for those of use that don’t know where Dick Rock is, mine sharing a little bit more of the secret?

12. phil Says:

Just an observation…I have noticed that you at the frenz have no problem sending hordes of e-anglers to smaller creeks that hold a fragile population of trout that could easily be adversely affected by increased pressure from anglers in other states. Yet, you maintain some of your own spots close to your vest. In all fairness and consideration, shouldn’t your lack of consideration apply to all waters? Just to be completely tranparent, I am an absolute secret spot whore. If anyone…I mean anyone asks me where to fish Bitch Creek, The Teton, or other smaller or out of the way places I am more than happy to tell them. Crap, if I have the time I will even go so far as to show them where to go. But, I also have the option to show them the ethics and as well as teach them about some of the special considerations that the water demands. Such as the fact that many of the waters you have mentioned on your site suffer greatly from irrigation draw and fishing hem at certain times of the year will effectively kill any fish caught. But like I said…this is just an observation. Give up all of the info or none at all…I am sure that you wouldn’t like me to sell out your “Secret Spots” just as I am sure that others don’t appreciate you selling out theirs.

chubbsypeterson Reply:

Phil, we really appreciate the feedback. And we aren’t just saying that for PR purposes. Over the last little bit we have come to a conclusion that we are going to only mention the big waters that are widely known and keep the smaller rivers/streams under wraps.

We originally thought that if we educated the anglers on where to and how to fish those waters that it might be a better situation because they would be more knowledgeable when they go there, but you are right that if they don’t understand all the conditions with those creeks they could potentially have a negative impact.

We at the frenzy just love fishing new waters with new experiences and that is what originally sparked the “open book” type of posts about new and exciting places to fish.

We are really trying to just put up good content, but realize we can do that without selling out secret spots.
    thanks again for the comment and if you ever want to go throw bugs at fish we would love to go!

13. BG Says:

“Dick Rock” doesn’t show up on google earth, but it was easy enough from your pics and various descriptions, and FatMorr’s clue for me to find “Lake X,” aka “Dead Man’s Lake,” and fly in via Google Earth to exactly match up the topography in your pics. I’ve never been there, but come ice off, Imma gonna be all over that shit. Why you noob bitches gotta try to be famous? Just learn how to fish and keep shit to yourselves. I got lockjaw. You choads should try it. You’ll have less company in your honey holes.